Monday, January 13, 2014

Feeling Blue


Kohl's dotted chambray and clutch, C Wonder sweater via TJ Maxx, H&M jeans, Rock and Republic pumps, Kate Spade watch

 It's always so hard to pair a dark blue top with dark wash jeans, so when I bought this sweater, I was really only thinking about the polka dots. Clearly not the most practical shopper, guys. You should all know by now that I can't pass up a classic dotted print. So when this fantastic find caught my eye as I was walking out of TJ Maxx, my love (ok, ok, healthy obsession) for polka dots wouldn't let me leave without it. When I saw the C. Wonder tag on it, I knew I had scored. Designer dots at a discounted price? Someone pinch me!





I like how all the different shades of blue all come together here, and the juxtaposition of the preppy button down and layered sweater (and lots of dots!) with the distressed boyfriend jeans give a "laid-back-but-still-put-together" look. Because obviously, that's a real thing, guys. Ok, really, I just needed an alternative to dark wash denim, and these pants were the first thing I found.  

2 comments:

  1. i love these boyfriend jeans! also i love how somehow you always end up with a monochromatic theme. you always make that work!


    --Leeds
    at this volume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leeda!! Lol, I don't know why I'm always so matchy-matchy!

      Delete