Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School: Dress for Chess

Love Culture blouse, backpack and skirt c/o Charlotte Russe, Jessica Simpson booties, Tory Burch lucite cuff, Kate Spade watch, Dogeared infinity necklace, Target tights and earrings 

Going back to school every year always meant one thing: school supply shopping. The bright colors, blank notebooks, and the distinct school supply smell signified the start of a new year, a new time to learn. Although I'm almost done with school, the idea of a new notebook and pen still gets me so excited to fill the pages with new stories, ideas, and dreams.

I loved the idea of pairing this black and white skirt with a bright blouse, especially emerald green. With the tights and booties, this look is perfect for fall and maybe even a first day of school outfit. This olive green backpack with crochet detailing is practical yet super cute to tote around all your new supplies! I can even fit my laptop inside so it's ideal for a day of a classes or studying at the library. 

Taking photos after such a long time was such a great break from the busy schedule I have as I'm finishing up school. I had so much fun getting these shots on this giant chess board, and the backdrop of this game of strategy and concentration seemed fitting for the first of my Back to School posts in collaboration with Charlotte Russe!







No comments:

Post a Comment