Monday, December 30, 2013

Life Lessons

Ruche blouse and jacket, Forever 21 sweater and scarf, Jessica Simpson skinnies, Ralph Lauren boots, Steve Madden tote, Target sunglasses and quilted gloves

A few weeks ago, my family and I took a day trip up to Big Bear Lake. Even though it wasn't cold enough for snow, I was still able to layer up and accessorize/stay warm with gloves and boots. I've been loving the combination of olive and blush pink, and I like how the softness of this knit infinity scarf pairs with the tougher feel of this faux leather and suede moto jacket and aviators. The brown-toned boots, bag, and scarf further helped to soften this look, and were ideal for this mini road trip. 

We spent the day taking lots of pictures, eating, and complaining about how cold it was. There was some manmade snow, so some of us went sledding, but most of our group went on a fun hike. 

Life lesson of the day: Don't wear shoes with heels through the woods. In my defense, I did wear leggings under my jeans, so I was somewhat prepared!  





No comments:

Post a Comment